Why Support Walden Center?
Up to 30 million people suffer from an eating disorder. Men and women, young and old, rich and poor, and amongst all ethnicities, are affected and at risk.
Yet, only one in ten will receive treatment. Without treatment, 20% of people with a serious eating disorder will die.
Your support allows Walden Center to provide much needed funding to our communities of patients, families and schools.
How Does Your Donation Help?
- Patient Support – providing scholarships towards treatment and other patient needs for the un-and under-insured.
- Prevention Education – traveling to area schools and colleges to educate people about how to identify eating disorders BEFORE they become a problem that requires intensive intervention.
- Research – with nearly 200 patients per day treated at Walden Behavioral Care, Walden Center has the opportunity to undertake short-term and long-term research projects that will benefit the entire eating disorder community.
Finally, our General Fund accepts gifts that will be used in the area of greatest need.
How Is Walden Center Making A Difference In The Fight To Combat Eating Disorders?
- By allowing patients who could not otherwise afford care the opportunity to receive treatment.
- By teaching thousands of young people how to recognize signs of illness, and how and where to get help.
- By providing on-going support to patients after they have successfully completed treatment.
- By acting as a resource for teachers, researchers and clinicians and others who continually seek new answers to the threat of eating disorders.
Donate now to enable Walden Center to continue to strengthen its fight against eating disorders. Our only source of revenue is the charitable support of foundations, corporations, and individuals, like you, who are stakeholders in our mission. All gifts and grants are fully tax-deductible according to law.